PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED
The information we gather from customers enables us to personalize and improve the Site, and includes the following:
1. Information you provide to us
We receive and store any information you provide to us through the Site, whether via email, registering to receive email newsletters, placing a product order or through any other deliberate means of Site interaction. We use the information gathered to facilitate and enhance the Site user’s overall experience. Types of personal information collected may include your name, email address, physical address, zip code and phone number. You can choose not to provide us with certain information, which may in turn preclude the full use of certain Site features.
- We use a third-party service provider to process payment transactions. We do not collect, store or otherwise have access to credit card information. Our payment processor is presently Chase Paymentech. You should review Chase Paymentech’s Security Policy to ensure that you are comfortable with their use and disclosure of your information.
2. Information collected automatically
- When we collect website usage information (such as the number and frequency of visitors), we only use this data in aggregate form and not in a manner that would identify you personally. This aggregate data tells us how often customers use parts of our Site and may be referenced by Modern Fiber in making the Site more useful and appealing to users. We never disclose aggregate information to a partner in a manner that would identify you personally.
- We also gather information from online user-initiated newsletter subscriptions. Some subscriptions may be manually processed through prior written agreement with the user. If at any time you decide that you do not want to receive our newsletter, you can unsubscribe or request removal from our email list by emailing email@example.com.
- Unique email marketing campaigns published and circulated by Modern Fiber may contain tracking facilities within the actual email. Subscriber activity is stored in a database for analysis and evaluation. Such tracked activity may derive from the opening of emails, forwarding of emails and clicking of links within the email content, as well as times, dates and frequency of activity within the communication. This information is used to refine future messaging and supply the user with more relevant content based on their engagement with the campaign.
In compliance with recognized U.S. and California state privacy laws and ecommerce requirements, all recipients of newsletter subscriptions and/or email marketing campaigns are entitled to unsubscribe at any time through an automated system, accessible via link at the footer of each published communiqué.
3. Use of collected information
Modern Fiber neither rents nor sells your personal information to anyone. We share your information in personally identifiable form only as described below:
- Affiliated businesses we do not control: In certain situations, businesses affiliated with Modern Fiber may sell items or provide services to you through the Site (either alone or in partnership with us). You can recognize when an affiliated business is associated with such a transaction, and we will share your personal information with that business only to the extent that it is related to a specific transaction.
- Employed agents: We may employ other companies and people to help perform tasks on our behalf and need to share your information with them in order to provide products to you. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, our agents do not have any right to use the personal information we share with them beyond what is necessary to assist us.
- Communications about the website: If a user voluntarily provides us with personal information in an email we will only use that information to respond directly to the user’s inquiry unless that user provides expressed permission to share their information with other users on the Site.
- Business transfer: We may choose to buy or sell assets. In these types of transactions, customer information is typically one of the business assets that is transferred. If we (or substantially all of our assets) are acquired, or if we go out of business or enter bankruptcy, personal information would be one of the assets transferred to or acquired by a third party.
- Legal Compliance: We may release personal information when we believe in good faith that its release is necessary to comply with U.S. law; enforce or apply our terms of service and other agreements; or protect the rights, property or safety of Modern Fiber, our employees, our users or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- With your consent: Except as set forth above, you will be notified when your personal information may be shared with third parties and are entitled to prohibit the sharing of this information.
4. How You Can Access Or Correct Information
Our Site has industry standard security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. While there is no such thing as “perfect security” on the Internet, we will take all reasonable steps to insure the safety of your personal information.
All credit card information is processed by Chase Paymentech or PayPal. We believe that these entities appropriately protect your information but you should review their privacy practices. We endeavor to protect the privacy of all personal information held with Modern Fiber at all times but cannot guarantee complete security. Unauthorized server entry or use, hardware or software failure or other factors may compromise the security of user information at any time.
1. SSL Certificate
This website maintains an active SSL Certificate, installed on a secure web server to digitally bind a cryptographic key to all ecommerce transaction details. The SSL Certificate activates a padlock and the https protocol (over port 443) to enable secure connections from the web server to browser.
Chase Paymentech incorporates the complex infrastructure and security of Authorize.Net, a leading provider of payment gateway services which manages the submission of billions of transactions to the processing networks on behalf of merchants worldwide.
You are not required to provide your personal information on any part of the Site. You may also choose to unsubscribe from our newsletter or email marketing campaigns at any time. However, information such as your name, email address, physical address, zip code and phone number enable Modern Fiber to execute a secure transaction and to successfully ship your purchased goods. It also allows us to continually improve and enhance the overall Site user experience.
Personally Identified Data
We strongly discourage users from entering their full name, phone number, physical address or other sensitive information in user profiles, comments or other areas of the Site.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact one of our Modern Fiber at (949) 756-1133, email us through the Contact section of our website, email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or write us at:
Modern Fiber, LLC
2391 Orchid Hill Place
Newport Beach, CA 92660